Doors open at 5:30 pm.
Juneteenth Joy: A Celebration of Freedom and Gospel Music
Kick off your weekend with the live, in-person concert Juneteenth Joy: A Celebration of Freedom and Gospel Music. The evening kicks off at 6:45 pm with preconcert performances by local gospel artist Gene Hoskins and North Carolina’s legendary gospel quartet The Napper Singers. This special event features Grammy- and Dove-nominated artist Kelontae Gavin, Grammy and Stellar Award—winning vocalists Kierra Sheard and Le’Andria Johnson, and Grammy, Stellar, and Dove Award—winning gospel music legends Hezekiah Walker and Fred Hammond.
Food and beverage information
- The NCMA permits factory-sealed plastic water bottles and empty refillable water bottles at entry; food and beverages are available for purchase on-site and are the only other items allowed in the venue.
- Three food trucks, including Chick-N-Que and Funnel Cakes by Tonio, will be on-site for this event. Food trucks will be located off the Plaza between East and West buildings.
- Water fountains are available near the restrooms once you are inside the gates.
- Wine will be available for purchase.
- Concessions are open from 5:30 to 10 pm (closing 30 minutes prior to the end of the show).
- Want to order ahead? Picnic baskets are now available to pre-order by noon on Wednesday, June 15. Pick up at the concessions tent after gates open.
Can’t wait for the show? Join the Juneteenth Joy show text group, where we’ll provide real-time weather and traffic-related info on the day of the show. To join, text NCMAjuneteenth to (866) 603-4250. We promise not to send annoying frequent texts, just useful messages and updates. Standard text and data rates apply, and you can stop at any time.
All photos are courtesy of the artists.