Czech-born Alphonse Mucha (1860–1939) was one of the most celebrated artists in Paris at the turn of the 20th century. As an influential force behind the art nouveau movement, he created sumptuous posters and advertising—promoting such everyday products as cigarette papers and tea biscuits—that transformed the streets of Paris into open-air art exhibitions. Alphonse Mucha: Art Nouveau Visionary celebrates the Mucha Trust collection’s first major U.S. tour in 20 years, featuring a vast array of posters, illustrations, ornamental objects, and rarely seen sculpture, photography, and self-portraits. Additional works from the NCMA’s collection highlight Mucha’s influence in America and his close friendship with French sculptor Auguste Rodin.
Alphonse Mucha: Art Nouveau Visionary is co-organized by the North Carolina Museum of Art and the Mucha Foundation, Prague.
In Raleigh additional support for this exhibition is made possible, in part, by the North Carolina Department of Natural and Cultural Resources; the North Carolina Museum of Art Foundation, Inc.; and the William R. Kenan Jr. Endowment for Educational Exhibitions. Research for this exhibition was made possible by Ann and Jim Goodnight/The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Fund for Curatorial and Conservation Research and Travel.
Plan Your Visit
October 23, 2021–January 23, 2022
Wednesday–Sunday, 10 am–5 pm
Closed Monday and Tuesday
Have a question or need help? Email our visitor experience team at email@example.com.
Health and safety measures
- Frequent deep cleanings of the Museum and high-touch areas, including doors and restrooms
- Hand-sanitizing stations throughout galleries and restrooms
- Visitor parking is free and available in the Blue Ridge lots.
- Visitors can be dropped off on the Plaza between East and West Buildings.
- Visitors can place large bags and water bottles in Museum lockers; luggage is not permitted.
- For questions about accommodations for individuals with disabilities, please contact Felicia Ingram at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photography is permitted unless otherwise noted.
Ticket prices with taxes and fees:
- $23.60 Adults
- $20.38 Seniors, military, and college students with ID
- $17.16 Youth 7–18
- FREE for member’s first visit; subsequent visits 50% off
- Free entry with college ID every Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 3–5 pm (Please note: capacity is very limited, and tickets must be reserved in advance by contacting email@example.com.)
Please note, children 2 and under do not require tickets.
Become a member today to enjoy special savings!
Enhance your experience of all special exhibitions and our world-class collection with these exclusive benefits:
- Free admission for all special ticketed exhibitions (plus 50% off any subsequent visits)
- Exclusive Member Mondays during select ticketed exhibitions
- Invitations to exhibition openings and other celebrations
- Discount on summer concerts in the Joseph M. Bryan, Jr., Theater in the Museum Park
- Discount on NCMA Cinema tickets
- Free admission to summer movies
- 10% off purchases in the Museum Store
- Preview, the Museum’s members publication, mailed to your home
- Members e-newsletter
2110 Blue Ridge Road
Raleigh, NC 27607-6494
Visitor parking is free and available in the Blue Ridge lots, on the right after entering the Museum drive. Overflow parking is behind West Building, on the left after entering the Museum drive. Visitor drop-off is located between West and East buildings and can be reached by turning left after entering the Museum drive and following the signs.
Click here to see the full album of social media graphic. Download them to your phone or computer and share! Tag us in your post with @ncartmuseum and #NCMAmucha.