Afrofuturism Family Day
Immerse yourself in an Afrofuturist world during this family day. Experience a scavenger hunt, hands-on art making, and live performances. Meet local artists and organizations that uplift Black art. Plus, enjoy free exhibition access for your whole crew to Ruth E. Carter: Afrofuturism in Costume Design to see the costumes of Black Panther and other films up close.
Schedule of Activities (10 am–2 pm unless otherwise noted)
- Visit the special exhibition for free all day! No ticket required 10 am–5 pm.
- Explore futuristic puppets up close with Jeghetto
- Contribute your work to a community-printed quilt with Aliyah Bonnette
- Unleash your creative superpowers and learn to draw superheroes and anime with Darrien Bailey
- Make tie-dyes with the NCMA Teen Arts Council
Image: Ruth E. Carter, Costume for Rudy Ray Moore in Dolemite Is My Name (2019); Photo: Courtesy of Colin Gray and SCAD FASH Museum