Make A Donation

Make a fully tax-deductible donation online, or please feel free to contact us with any further questions. We thank you for your generous support.

We’ll save you a seat! The North Carolina Museum of Art opened the newly redesigned SECU Auditorium in October 2015, and we are thrilled to continue our Take a Seat campaign. 

Name a seat for yourself or your family, your business, in memory of a loved one, or in honor of a friend, colleague, or important person in your life! A contribution of $1,000 per chair will name a seat in the SECU Auditorium.

Proceeds from the Take a Seat campaign support programs at the North Carolina Museum of Art, including our award-winning education programs, exhibitions, and lectures.

Don’t delay—we have a limited number of seats available! 

Pay online or by mail. Download the Take a Seat PDF form and return along with payment to:

Mary Rigg
Development Associate
North Carolina Museum of Art Foundation, Inc.
4630 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-4630

For more information on the full range of naming opportunities, please email Mary Rigg, or call (919) 664-6758.


FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How will my contribution be used?

Revenue from the Take a Seat campaign will support general operations of the Museum. The NCMA receives approximately 30 percent of operating revenue from the State of North Carolina. The remaining 70 percent comes from donations and earned income and supports important programming such as exhibitions, lectures, performances, and our award-winning education programming.

What will it look like?

A brushed stainless steel plaque, 1.75”H x 4”W, will be placed on the arm of the chair. You will have a total of 66 characters, spaced in three lines, with 22 characters per line. The characters will be 3/8” tall.

How many can I name?

As many as you’d like! We have 235 seats available.

Can I pick my seat to name?

Seats will be named on a first come, first served basis. We will do our best to accommodate any special requests.

Will I be able to sit in my seat(s) during programs?

We cannot guarantee use of that particular seat during programs, since NCMA programs do not have assigned seating.

Is my seat donation tax deductible?

Yes, your Take A Seat donation is 100% tax deductible.

Rolling Sculpture: Art Deco Cars from the 1930s and 40s
October 1, 2016 – January 15, 2017

DESIGN SOCIETY

The automobile, a child of the 20th century, was rapidly changing and evolving between the years 1920 and 1950, making it the perfect metal canvas upon which to express the popular art deco style of the time. While today manufacturers often strive for economy and efficiency, this was a period when elegance reigned supreme. Influenced by the art deco movement that began in Paris in the early 1920s and caught up in the success of the International Exposition of Modern Decorative and Industrial Arts in 1925, automakers embraced the sleek, new streamlined forms and aircraft-inspired materials, creating memorable automobiles that still thrill all who see them. The exhibition features approximately 15 automobiles and three motorcycles from some of the most important collections in the United States.

Design Society members ($5,000) will discover the identity of their adopted automobile or motorcycle during a drawing held at the special opening dinner on Wednesday, September 28, 2016. Donors who opt to contribute $7,500 will have the option to select their sponsored car or motorcycle in order of contribution size, prior to the drawing. 

DESIGN SOCIETY BENEFITS:

  • Name on exhibition donor wall
  • Name on wall label of adopted automobile or motorcycle
  • A preview tour of the exhibition during setup/move-in with guest curator Ken Gross on Wednesday, September 21
  • Invitation for two to a special seated dinner for exhibition sponsors and lenders on Wednesday, September 28
  • Invitation for two to the Opening Celebration on Thursday, September 29
  • Four complimentary exhibition tickets
  • Complimentary exhibition catalogue

Membership in the Design Society: $5,000* or $7,500*

*Includes NC sales tax. Fair market value of benefits - $650

For more information please contact Mary Blake, (919) 664-6807 or email. Download Reply Form.