Park Pictures are three large-scale outdoor billboards (each 5 by 12 feet) in three locations along the greenway in the Ann and Jim Goodnight Museum Park. They are changed approximately every six months to feature different artists. The commissioned artwork is digitally printed on vinyl banners and affixed to the aluminum panels of the sign structures. For production the artists provide the sign vendor with a digital file. The sign vendor prints and installs the vinyl banners.
Call for Submissions
Park Pictures 2021: Modern Mucha
The NCMA will select the artwork of three college students to be displayed on billboards in the Museum Park. Work submitted should celebrate beauty in the art nouveau–style of Alphonse Mucha with an eye toward an accepting and open notion of body positivity.
- Open to currently enrolled college students from or studying in North Carolina.
- Each billboard measures 5 by 12 feet and is in landscape orientation.
- All mediums are encouraged, provided they fit the theme and billboard parameters.
- Selected artists must be able to provide printing vendors with a high-resolution digital file of their work.
- Up to two entries per person.
- Deadline: October 1, 2021
- Artists selected will be awarded a cash prize of $500 each.
Questions? Email Angela.Lombardi@ncdcr.gov.