Virtual Studio Workshop; Abstract Painting from Memory with Zach Storm
Take a more intuitive approach to painting as you learn to let loose and paint your mind’s-eye impressions of memories, dreams, and landscapes. Follow step-by-step demos and fun prompts, and experiment with new ways to paint freely without self-judgment as guided by L.A.–based artist Zach Storm. This virtual workshop consists of two 90-minute sessions (Saturdays, May 8, and 15th 1:30–3 pm each day).
Suggested supply list:
• Stretched canvas or wooden panel
• Variety of Paint Brushes (rounds and flats)
• Palette knife
• Pencil (hb or 2h)
• Set of water soluble colored pencils
• Set of oil or acrylic paints
• Small bottle of linseed oil if using oil paint or fluid acrylic medium if using acrylic paint
As with all virtual workshops, you may choose to purchase supplies and work along with the artist, or you may simply observe to decide if this is a medium you would like to pursue in the future.