Music at the Museum featuring Speed Stick
Join us as Speed Stick performs virtually from the North Carolina Museum of Art!
Two ways to watch:
• Join a public viewing of the concert in real time, livestreamed on our Museum Park Theater screen. Reserve your free ticket on the right.
• Stream free on YouTube starting at 9 pm on June 29.
Please note that if you reserve a ticket for the Museum Park Theater viewing:
• Social distancing is required.
• No alcohol is permitted.
• Attendees are encouraged to bring chairs or blankets.
• Screening canceled in the event of rain.
Artist bio excerpted from their website
The Carrboro, N.C., supergroup Speed Stick is an ever-evolving project among a group of friends—Ash Bowie (Polvo), Charles Chace (The Paul Swest), Laura King (Bat Fangs), and Thomas Simpson (The Love Language)—whose musical achievements reach back as far as the 1990s. But as its live shows attest, the band does not want to rehearse old accomplishments. On stage Speed Stick wants to shatter epochs. Step into a world of thunder where lighting strikes rewire nervous systems. Ride waves with peaks that precede disquieting calms. Float in spaces where dark and light collide to set blood afire . . . Off-kilter guitar riffs shadow the raging intensity of drums; blistering drum beats dance to the feedback of guitars.
Support the band by purchasing their music here.