Morning Bird Walk (Canceled)
Join our resident birding enthusiast, Park ranger Chantal Taunton, on a meandering 90-minute walk through the Museum Park in search of migratory and native birds. Wear a mask and please bring your own binoculars, as well as water, a notebook, and pen. All levels welcome, from beginner to seasoned birders; ages 8 and up. Space is limited.
For questions about the content of this program, email Bryanne Senor.
Important safety information
• Preregistration required; no walkups.
• Participants must wear cloth masks throughout the program.
• Participants who are not in the same family or group must stay at least 6 feet from other participants.
• As participants arrive, they will see markings on the ground, 8 feet apart, to stand on. Once in their sports, participants will be checked in verbally by the name tickets were reserved under.
• Participants must also verbally respond to a self-screen assessment. Please review the assessment before attending the program. If you answer “yes” to any question or have any symptoms, stay home.
• The program begins with a brief introduction in the Ellipse followed by a guided walk. As we stop to observe a bird, or when the ranger wants to speak to the group, everyone will stop to listen but not congregate to view; this is where binoculars come in handy.
We appreciate everyone’s efforts to make this a safe and enjoyable experience!