Friday, September 28, 2018
Museum Park Theater
Movie starts at 8:30 pm
We pay homage to the beautiful land of Wakanda with special music and art-making activities before the screening of Black Panther. Food trucks will be on hand. Our stunning redesigned African Gallery, spanning 16 centuries of African art, is open until 9 pm.
(2018) Written and directed by Ryan Coogler. Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o. (134 min.) PG-13.
T’Challa, the king of Wakanda, and a trio of fierce women battle an unusually nuanced supervillain for the fate of the world in this billion-dollar global sensation. The richly imagined, technologically advanced mythical African nation implicitly asks, “What if Africa hadn’t been colonized by the Europeans?”
“What sneaks up and floors you is the film's racial conscience and profound, astonishing beauty … Wakanda forever!” (Rolling Stone).
Movie party activities (6:30–8:30 pm) are geared toward age 16 and up.
• Music by Diali Cissokho and Kaira Ba
• Pop-up screen printing with MacFly Fresh Printing Co. Create a custom poster. Free for the first 200 people.
• Wakanda fashion show presented by DRC Apparel at 7 pm
• Curated playlist by Blackspace
• Time Camp 002 activity with Afrofuturist Janelle Dunlap
• Local black-owned business and organization fair featuring Colors of Yoga, APEparel, Empowered Minds Academy, L. Jamal Walton, Rachel Stewart Jewelry, The ZEN Succulent, and Truly Aesthetic
Bull City Street Food
Two Roosters (cart)
Where do I park? Can I bring my dog? How about food? What happens if it rains? For answers to these questions and others, check out our policies page and our menu.