Arts in the Museum Park
Please observe the following rules and guidelines to enhance your safety and enjoyment of summer concerts and movies.
- Blankets and folding chairs are permitted for lawn seating.
- Pets are not allowed on the premises.
- Smoking is permitted only in a designated area near the theater entrance.
- Public restrooms and water fountains are at the bottom of the entrance walkway to the left. Portable toilets are added for large concerts.
- Please turn off cell phones during movies. Phone use is allowed at concerts, but please silence your ring tone and be courteous of those around you.
- Please note seating chart for each event. If all sections with bleacher seating are marked “reserved,” it is not permitted to dance, stand, or sit in front of the stage.
- In case of emergency, contact a uniformed security officer.
- Emergency medical care is available at outdoor events, courtesy of Rex Healthcare's Emergency Response Team.
- Walkways and stairs must be kept clear; no seating or standing permitted.
- Use caution when moving about the facilities after dark.
- Events take place rain or shine unless conditions endanger the safety of artists and the public. We’ll post weather updates on the event listing as well as on Facebook and Twitter. You may also call the Museum Box Office, (919) 715-5923, for updates.
- If a concert is canceled before the headlining artist completes half of the contracted performance, you may obtain a refund for the face value of the ticket. Please contact the Box Office during regular business hours within 90 days of the event date.
- If a movie is canceled, you may exchange your ticket for another outdoor movie ticket within the same season.
- The Museum Park Theater is wheelchair accessible from the main parking lot. Volunteers and security personnel stationed at the entrance will provide assistance if needed.
- Arts Access provides audio description of selected summer movies.
Food and Beverage
Picnics are welcome in the amphitheater—or enjoy food prepared by Iris restaurant (cash only). An ATM is located just outside East Building. A full menu is available during concerts; traditional concessions are offered during movies. Beer and wine may be purchased inside the venue for all events.
- Coolers, ice chests, picnic baskets, and plastic storage containers for transporting food and ice are allowed.
- Beverage containers not purchased at the venue must be factory sealed and in non-glass containers. This applies to water, tea, lemonade, or any other beverage. The Museum reserves the right to inspect all containers brought onto the premises.
- Parents may bring baby bottles or sippy cups for young children.
- Visitors may not bring alcoholic beverages of any type into the Museum Park.
- You must be at least 21 to consume wine or beer on the premises. IDs are checked at the gate.