ArtScene 2014 Spring Teen EventSaturday, April 26 | 12 pm
Join teens from across the state at our annual spring teen event! Learn, play, socialize, and participate in a variety of scenes planned by teens for teens. ArtScene features Enloe High School’s dance ensemble, teen musicians, teen produced films, image slams, and art activities. ArtScene also celebrates winners of this year's Teens, Inspired art competition and students in our online high school courses. ArtScene is planned by the NCMA’s Teen Arts Council.
- Film Scene: Video shorts from the NCMA’s Teens, Inspired video competition will be on view.
- Graffiti Scene: A graffiti wall will be set up on the Museum’s Blue Ridge Patio (weather permitting), and teens may add their own designs throughout the event.
- Photo Scene: Teens can create mementos from the event in a photo booth, which will include costumes and props to borrow.
- Ink Scene: NCMA artist in residence Derek Toomes will lead a workshop during which teens can screen print an ArtScene T-shirt. They can also apply temporary tattoos designed by the NCMA Teens Arts Council.
- Fabric Scene: Inspired by the Museum’s recent collaboration and contest with Durham-based textile and design company Spoonflower, there will be a fabric design workshop. An exhibition of fabric designs from the teen Spoonflower contest will also be on view.
- Journal Scene: Journals from the NCMA’s Global Journal Exchange—a collaborative project during which high school art students in North Carolina, Texas, England, and Belize added writing and mixed-media art to journals traveling among the schools—will be on view. ArtScene participants can contribute their own art to the journals.
- Performance Scene: Live dance performance by Enloe High School’s Dance Ensemble, and live music performances by high school pop, punk, alternative, and jazz bands.
- Poetry Scene: Students will participate in five-minute poetry slams between dance and music performances.
Find other events like this:
All events on this day:
April 26, 2014